The Feed the Future Bangladesh Improving Trade and Business Enabling Environment (FtFBITBEE) Activity aims to improve economic growth in Bangladesh through the following objectives:
- Improving Trade Facilitation;
- Improving Business Enabling Environment; and
- Promoting Best Practices in Economic Growth Activities and their Application.
This includes facilitating an improved policy environment to promote sustainable economic growth and prosperity, improved regional economic cooperation, sound management of institutions, and good governance while also expanding markets for U.S. goods and services in the Indo Pacific. This activity will also address efficiency and transparency in the business enabling environment.
The FtFBITBEE Activity will develop a systemic approach to trade facilitation and improving the business enabling environment. This is premised on the high level political commitment to realizing substantial reductions in trade costs and business compliance: a representative institutional mechanism spearheaded by local stakeholders driving the reform process; and high-profile time-bound targets addressing: trade and business procedures and transparency; institutional strengthening; and modernization and ICT.
FtFBITBEE will deliver technical assistance and capacity building to support the implementation of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement and improve the BEE. The project will work with key public agencies, private sector stakeholders and Civil Society Organizations. Work activities will draw on best practices and regional experiences in order to build support for initiatives aimed at simplifying documentary requirements for imports and exports. The project will support strengthening technical capacity across border agencies, modernizing procedures through digitization and ICT.
The technical assistance and capacity building activities supported by FtFBITBEE will be based on an inclusive approach that integrates the gender dimension and addresses vulnerable and marginalized populations. Ensuring inclusivity is central to realizing USAID goals and objectives for the FtFBITBEE activity. Activities should seek to include and ensure representation of women, youth and other marginalized groups in public-private dialogue and advocacy efforts.
- Under the general supervision of the Senior Communications Specialist, the candidate will translate a varied range of trade and business documents from English into Bengali and Bengali into English. The candidate will be expected to prepare translations of assigned texts using word processing, spreadsheet, and other relevant software, including Microsoft PowerPoint. Responsibilities include ensuring that translations are equivalent in meaning and style to the original text, researching points of terminology, language, and subject matter, and organizing work to meet the assigned deadlines. The candidate will consult with authors and other experts within or outside the FtF-BITBEE to clarify meaning as required. The candidate will also revise or review translations produced by external contractors.
- Candidates must hold an advanced university degree, preferably in a language-related field, trade, and/or law.
- Other requirements include a high level of competence in office automation; a capacity to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and to adapt rapidly to changing requirements while maintaining high levels of production and quality; ability to produce translations that require little or no revision; ability to work as part of a team; good interpersonal skills; and initiative in researching points of terminology, language, and subject matter.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to take translation tests, and finalists will be invited for panel interviews.
- FtF-BITBEE is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture and educational background.
- Minimum of four years of professional experience in translation of trade and legal texts into Bengali and English
- Translation of documents, trade and Legal texts from Bengali to English and English to Bengali
- Manage workflows to meet project reporting deadlines
- Where necessary provide interpretation service to the project staff
- Support the formation and translation of occasional press releases
- Assist with preparing briefing materials, presentations, as needed
- The Translator report to the Senior Communications Specialist through regular briefings and day-to-day dialogue.
- As per company policy.